NU Career P.L.A.N. Professional Learning and Advisory Network
Most of you have heard, "It's not what you know. It's who you know." Now, the Norwich University Career Development Center is planning to help you capitalize on that concept.
The NU Career P.L.A.N. (Professional Learning and Advisory Network), is a relatively new program, available online, which matches students with alumni who have volunteered to serve as mentors. These mentors are ready, willing and able to offer you advice and guidance where your future career is concerned. There are already over 1,000 registered volunteers!
Using the NU Career P.L.A.N. can benefit you in a number of ways. Potentially, mentors can:
* Offer advice about their industry or occupation
* Tell you what it is like to work for their employer
* Hand-carry your professional resume to the appropriate hiring manager once they are comfortable with you and have a clear understanding of your skills, abilities and career interests. (Your professional resume should be prepared with the assistance of one of the counselors in the NU Career Development Center before being sent to any volunteer mentors.)
* Help you network with other alumni they know who may be able to help you in the career search process and
* Provide advice about relocating to a certain geographic region.
Come visit the NU Career Development Center in room 232 of the WCC to talk about some of your basic questions and career interests. Then, when you're comfortable and ready to talk with alumni, you can access the NU Career P.L.A.N. by going to the Norwich Online Community at www.alumni.norwich.edu to capitalize on this outstanding resource! If you would like more information about this great opportunity, please contact the Career Development Center at email@example.com, visit us in room 232 WCC or call us at (802) 485-2125.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Norwich Guidon News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE NORWICH GUIDON NEWS
RECENT THE NORWICH GUIDON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists