NU Career P.L.A.N. Professional Learning and Advisory Network
Most of you have heard, "It's not what you know. It's who you know." Now, the Norwich University Career Development Center is planning to help you capitalize on that concept.
The NU Career P.L.A.N. (Professional Learning and Advisory Network), is a relatively new program, available online, which matches students with alumni who have volunteered to serve as mentors. These mentors are ready, willing and able to offer you advice and guidance where your future career is concerned. There are already over 1,000 registered volunteers!
Using the NU Career P.L.A.N. can benefit you in a number of ways. Potentially, mentors can:
* Offer advice about their industry or occupation
* Tell you what it is like to work for their employer
* Hand-carry your professional resume to the appropriate hiring manager once they are comfortable with you and have a clear understanding of your skills, abilities and career interests. (Your professional resume should be prepared with the assistance of one of the counselors in the NU Career Development Center before being sent to any volunteer mentors.)
* Help you network with other alumni they know who may be able to help you in the career search process and
* Provide advice about relocating to a certain geographic region.
Come visit the NU Career Development Center in room 232 of the WCC to talk about some of your basic questions and career interests. Then, when you're comfortable and ready to talk with alumni, you can access the NU Career P.L.A.N. by going to the Norwich Online Community at www.alumni.norwich.edu to capitalize on this outstanding resource! If you would like more information about this great opportunity, please contact the Career Development Center at email@example.com, visit us in room 232 WCC or call us at (802) 485-2125.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent The Norwich Guidon News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE NORWICH GUIDON NEWS
RECENT THE NORWICH GUIDON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Four Tech Tools That Can Help Your Small Business Grow
- Streaming Content Box Cuts Your Cable and Costs
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum